Trailer Park Brake Control Valve with Single-Button Design.
Park Release Valve (PRV) – new generation Trailer Parking Brake Control Valve for safer parking and trailer shunting is an integral part of ZF’s Intelligent Trailer Braking Platform.
- Patented one-button design with easy 3-step push/pull operation of Park, Drive, and Release functions.
- Trailer emergency brake function is incorporated within the iEBS modulator – the trailer spring brakes are automatically activated when detaching the supply line between truck and trailer.
How does PRV work?
Park (P) – red button pulled out to top position. Parking brake applied, trailer spring-brakes are safely activated on a coupled or uncoupled trailer.
Drive (D) – red button set to middle position. Parking brake released, trailer is ready for drive-off.
Release (R) – red button pushed in to bottom position. Parking brake of an uncoupled trailer released for towing / shunting without external air supply.
- When the red supply line is connected, the device will automatically switch from release / shunt position to drive position without any manual intervention.
- For the parking brake release minimum pressure 1 ± 0.5 bar is required.
- When the trailer is coupled, a pneumatic engagement mechanism prevents the unintended actuation of the release / shunt function, though the release function works only when the trailer is uncoupled, when is coupled – it doesn’t work.
- In case of leakage / rupture of the supply line (red coupling) during driving or uncoupling of the trailer, the trailer spring brakes will be automatically activated.
- After emergency braking the brake can only be released if the supply line (red coupling) pressure is above 4 bar.
For more information please visit: